Tour packages purchasing process
GENERAL PAYMENT SCHEDULES: Full tour bookings only:
- Upon receipt of Invoice: 25 percent of cost
- Not less than six weeks before departure: 100 percent of cost
- Payments are required within 10 days, except in the case of Last minute Bookings, where immediate payment is needed by credit/debit card.
- Suppliers may demand stricter payment terms on some bookings. These occasions will always be advised to you before booking and stated on your Confirmation Invoice. Individual cancellation terms will always be stated.
- Credit/Debit-card payments are subject to an additional charge of 4.5 percent. This contributes to our credit-card costs and helps to reduce our basic prices.
- Customer must pay all bank charges in the case of a bank transfer. Failure to do so will invalidate your booking and will bring a further charge to cover bank charges
- There will be no additional postage fees, booking fees or other hidden charges. Exchange rates are based on live on-day rates at time of booking and are not subject to change.
- Late payments risk cancellation.
CANCELLATION BY US:
- Ceylon Escapes is committed to high levels of professionalism to protect your booking. But we reserve the right to cancel your booking in any incidence of Force Majeure (see clause below). In this event we will return all money paid by you and, wherever possible, offer an alternative booking of comparable type and quality for your consideration. We cannot be held liable for any incidental expenses that you may incur during arrangements for a booking that is subsequently cancelled by us.
CANCELLATION BY YOU:
- In event of cancellation, in whole or part, we voluntarily return all recoverable costs.
- In the case of cancelled tailor-made itineraries, we reserve the right to levy additional admin costs of up to 10 percent of total booking cost.
- Other cancellation refunds are determined on a case-by-case basis, whether provided directly or indirectly by us. We do not normally refund for early checkouts or no-shows.
- Any individual wishing to cancel a booking with Ceylon Escapes must immediately notify their sales consultant by email, quoting their Invoice number. The cancellation is timed from when we contact the supplier on your behalf and a delay is normal outside normal working hours. In the event of a group cancellation (by the tour leader), we will hold each individual equally liable for cancellation costs.
- Total cancellation charges on your booking will not exceed these maximum levels:
- After payment of deposit: Up to 100 per cent of deposit. Less than six weeks before departure: Up to 50 per cent of booking cost.
- Less than one month before departure: Up to 100 per cent of booking cost.
- You should check whether your travel insurance policy covers you for refunds.
NOTE: Ceylon Escapes offers additional guarantees concerning refunds in the clause on Terrorism and Personal Safety
The refunds will be directed to the payment initiated media.